Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fam(ily)

"Some people care too much. I think it's called love" -Winnie the Pooh

Wow, how does a year fly by so quickly? I was standing downstairs talking to my Dad tonight when I looked at the calender and thought, holy cow, where did this year go and how come it feels like I don't remember half of it? Granted I know turning 21 and alcohol may have something to do with me not remembering half of it, but it feels like time goes faster and you grow older. Looking back though I'm glad I decided to make the changes in my life that I have.  Quitting school and deciding to work was the smartest decision of my life. Now I'm not saying that I'll never go back to school, but right now it's just not in the cards for me.  Being semi-carefree and enjoying the little things right now has been a blessing in disguise. I can take time to focus on my happiness rather than trying to please everyone else around me.  I can look at life and be so thankful for the people that I have in it. Here's a list of some great memories thus far in 2011.
St Patty's Day.
My Dad's Birthday.
Celebrating Ashley's and I's Birthday.
My Birthweek.
Seeing Sativa, Jamie, Kief and David.
The Lake
The Pit
Whit and Monica's Birthdays
WEfest.

Here's things to look forward to still:
Nathan's 21st
Freakfest
A weekend at the lake
Thanksgiving
Family Christmas
St. Thomas.

When you look back on it, life is pretty amazing. When you come to a hurdle on your journey sit back in think, "Will this affect me in 5 years?" And if it doesn't, move on. If it does, figure it out calmly and rationally.  Just because it seems like it's the biggest issue now, doesn't mean that it's not going to be okay.  By the way, I love my family.  We may not have it all together...but together we have it all.  When I say family I don't just mean my blood relatives, I mean my core group of friends who support me through it all... 

One final note..."everything falls apart my dear, the only permanent thing in life is family."

No comments:

Post a Comment